Monday, August 25, 2014

The Creative Bloghop Monday Watercolors !


Hi everyone!

Recently I was invited by one of my favorite crafters and friends - super talented Miriam Prantner to be part in a bloghop called ; The Creative Bloghop. It is like a chainletter where you share answers to some questions and the invite new friends to be part of it.

Here's what I'm working on right now:


I am working on improving my watercolor skills and one way to do it is to look at other artists' work and try to practise the techniques they've been using. In my watercolor painting I'm often - or try to I should say - to be realistic but this time I wanted to get a bit more abstract. For this painting I used a painting by the amazing artist Sterling Edwards for reference.

I am a needle work teacher during the week and I try to inspire my students to be creative which is a lot of "giving" so I think that I do what I do because it is a chance for me to be creative too,  without it taking too much time or space! I hardly ever sew or knit any more which might sound strange, but I guess I get enough of it at work even if it is my students crafting and not me...

My creative process for my watercolor painting is usually me being inspired by a photo from either a Magazine or from Pinterest and then I try to rework it so that it would be good for watercolor painting. That process involves a lot of "simplyfying" which is hard and something I'm still working on improving!


Enough about me, let me introduce some super talented crafters that I love to visit for inspiration:

Melania
Hi!! I'm Melania Deasy. My friends used to call me Deasy :). I live in Surabaya, Indonesia. I love crafting and start making card from 2011. I work as a photographer specially for family and kids. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved drawing so I went to Communication Visual Design at the College. I think my life now is in the correct path. I just love my works, and it makes me really happy!

Audrey
My name is Audrey Tokach. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 13 years, and I am a stay-at-home mom to two beautiful boys, ages 12 and 10.  I am an animal lover and a coffee lover.  I have always loved being artsy and creative, but it wasn't until I was expecting my oldest son that I got into paper crafting.  At first, I was a scrapbooker, and while I really enjoyed it, I didn't feel like it was a perfect fit for me.  I had tried stamping before, but it wasn't until I came across clear photopolymer stamps that I got hooked.  I started following stamping and card making blogs and placed a few online orders, and the love affair began!  I could stamp and color for hours (and often do!) I LOVE my Copic markers, but am enjoying working with other coloring mediums too.  A few years ago, I started my blog, Pink Ink Originals.  I hope you'll pop by for a visit and see what I've been up to! :)

Barb
My name is Barb Ghigliotty, although you may know me by my screen name ‘BarbGhig’. I live in central New Jersey, and have been married to my best friend Mike, for 39 years! We have 2 grown children and two sweet granddaughters. The only one left at home with us right now, is our fur-baby Movado (yes, that’s his name) who keeps us young with his unlimited energy and fun personality!

I began scrapbooking when my granddaughter Desi was born in 2006, but over time, I have found card making the most fun!  I love to play in challenges to push my creativity, and enjoy online card classes! My style is definitely ‘Clean and Simple’, but I do love to learn new techniques, such as water coloring, and try to implement them in my card making. I also love coloring images with my Copic markers.Please feel free to stop by my blog, (http://barbsstudiocreations.blogspot.com/) anytime to say hello!


Debbie
I've been exposed to arts and crafts since I was a little girl.  I won my first blue ribbon when I was 7 years old in eramics.  Later I joined 4-H and learned the basics to sewing.  I now use these skills to sew on cards, make comforters and Capri Sun bags.  I've tried my hand at macrame and counted cross stitching.  And one day I hope to learn how to knit and/or crochet, and I might even take some painting classes.  My current crafty passions include scrap booking, making polymer clay Christmas ornaments, and creating cards.  
I joined the blogging world 4 years ago to practice the skills learned in my EdTech endorsement classes.  I created my craft blog, Indy's Designs, and I have been loving all the inspiration, challenges, and products found on the Internet, not to mention all the people I've met in blogland from all over the world! 
When I'm not in my craft room or teaching 3rd graders, you can usually find me curled up with a book, out in the mountains camping, taking a walk with my hubby, or playing with my cat, Catapult. 


Have a great day, hugs, Karin


10 comments:

Kara said...

beautiful watercolor!!

I Card Everyone said...

Wonderful to see yet another beautiful water colored specimen, Karin. Thanks for introducing your friends... now I'm off to get to know them!! I, too was tagged today =] Michele

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous painting this week and I really enjoyed hearing a little more about you!

Lisa Elton said...

GORGEOUS Karin!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your painting is absolutely GORGEOUS, Karin! I just love the colors and how you created so much dimension on this piece...Amazing!

It was so fun to learn a little more about you, too! Thanks so much for sharing a piece of yourself with us, and for inviting me along for the 'Hop'!

Angela Fehr said...

Your paintings get better and better, Karin. I'm enjoying seeing their growth, and I love that you are creative in so many ways!

melania deasy said...

I adore your watercolor painting!! Thank you for tagging me Karin :)

melania deasy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melania deasy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karen h said...

This is amazing!