Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tuesday Watercolors - Fish





Hi

Today I'm sharing another watercolor. This time some fish - I've had a piece of Fabriano paper 300gr stretched out on a board with a sketch of these two fish under my desk for probably more than ten years. Now that I started painting again I been meaning to get it done so I could use the board for other paintings, but how I looked I couldn't find the foto I'd used - until last night, when I got a sudden impulse to go through our heavily overloaded bookshelves to see what we could donate for charity - I took down and started flipping through a photography book by Jan Grahn - and there it was!!!

Imediately inspired I spent last night painting instead of cleaning out our bookshelves!
For this painting I used a technique I seldom use, but which is quite fun for creating highlights - wax resist - I used wax from a an ordinary candle for the areas I wanted to remain white. I usually like more "control" but I think it worked quite well for the shimmer on the backs of these fish.



Hugs, Karin

19 comments:

Kara said...

beautiful!!

Indy's Designs said...

This is fabulous! I am so impressed with your amazing abilities! Hope you are enjoying your week!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lisa Elton said...

fabulous!

Anne-Elise said...

Amazing! As always! Hugs

Barb said...

Very impressive, Karin!

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing work - please tell me you are having it framed to display! Jo x

Miriam Prantner said...

So lifelike!!!

Unknown said...

Your painting of the fish is beautiful.

Wida said...

I would rather paint than clean shelves too! Beautiful job. You are so talented!

Joan B said...

get OUT of here. this is amazing.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW!!

Chrissie said...

This is completely stunning!
What talent!
Chrissie

Petti said...

They look so real!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Karin, you are good! This looks awesome!

Marybeth said...

Amazing, Kairn ! Funny how we can get distracted , but you were distracted in a wonderful way.

Pat Gasko said...

WOW! WOW! And WOW!Awesome painting. As my Father-in-law used to say: "Your Talent is only exceeded by your good looks" and you must be gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, SO beautiful, Karin!

Barb Ghig said...

I am so impressed with your water coloring, Karin! This is truly a stunning work of art...WOW!

Anwar Fazil said...

Very nice blog..........keep it up