Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Watercolor - florals




Inspired by a visit to our botanical garden I've been painting some flowers. I'm not sure what these are called - bleeding hearts? Have to ask mum...

Edited; Thanks Lin and Laurel - the are Fuchsia and nothing else! (I am terrible with flowers - my husband takes care of our plants - and has to write me notes for what to do with them if he's away...)

 Again I wanted to try the difference between different kinds of paper. The first one is painted on Cotman's 300gr watercolor paper. It's a very smooth paper that I find really nice for florals and furry animals. The second one is on Arches 300gr Rough grain. It's a paper I absolutely LOOOVE - especially for lanscape scenes. I'm not sure which one I like the best this time though - I like the smoothness on the flowers on the first but the texture on the leaves and background on the second (-:

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a gorgeous work of art!! You are a master card maker AND watercolor artist!!

Laurel Beard said...

Dude, I am completely speechless! HOly smokes.

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh these might just be my favorite yet! Gorgeous! Seriously you don't have to do ANY Christmas shopping this year!

~amy~ said...

Karin, you're amazing.

Lin said...

I love them, Karin! I think they're fuschia?

LaurieJ said...

Absolutely beautiful. You are so talented. And they are fuchsia.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Leaving me speechless here! The fuchsia look sooooooo pretty against that blue background.

Indy's Designs said...

Wow! This is another great piece of art!
Hugs,
Debbie

Marybeth said...

You know I think you are amazingly talented , Karin and these are beautiful!!!! I think I like the first one with a bit of white showing but I love them all!

karen h said...

Oh my word - this is stunning! One of my favorites! If you have all these lovely paintings laying around you could open an etsy shop ;)

SonjaK said...

Oh my gosh. What a painting! It's just brilliant. I'm absolutely speechless.

Angela Fehr said...

This is lovely, Karin! Love the bright light colours on the darker background, and all the pretty fluid areas. I like using Arches cold press because it's just a little smoother for detail work.

jc2711 said...

Gosh this is beautiful :) Yes they are fuschias

Jackie