Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Today's Watercolor ; Turn sunshine into rain!

That's the good thing with painting - you can do anything! For today's watercolor I used the reference photo below that I found on pinterest, but I wanted to make the nice summery scene a bit more dramatic, so I changed the beautiful weather to stormy, rainy day (-:



Tip of the day: I mixed a lot of that stormy sky color so that when I started with the rest of the scene I could mix a bit of that sky color in with all the other colors I used and get a more harmonious feel - the sky reflecting on the ground.

Hugs!


11 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful painting, Karin! Love how you took the inspiration photo and changed the look! Your stormy sky is amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

Are you looking outside my window right now!!??!! This looks like the skies we have rolling in...beautiful painting Karin!

Miriam Prantner said...

That sky really is so dramatic! Love this!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Karin, I just can't get over your talent. This scene is amazing!

Petti said...

Love the storm scene you draw. Great work!

Indy's Designs said...

Another fabulous painting! Love the stormy clouds!
Hugs,
Debbie

Marybeth said...

Amazing change of weather! I love the stormy scene you painted, LOVE this!

Janet D. said...

This is beautiful! Your stormy sky looks fantastic! Great job!!

Happy Dance said...

Karin, this is delightful. It reminds me of a watercolor I gave to my mom long, long ago. It was done in all fall colors and she loved it. This beautiful painting did what paintings should do...evoke emotions in response to what the artist has done. Thanks for this memory. Bev

Julia Aston said...

This is a wonderful dark cloud scene Karin! a beautiful piece of art!

Barb Ghig said...

OMGosh, Karin...this is absolutely STUNNING!!! You really did an amazing job on this painting...wow!